Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Proclaimers that I saw on Sunday night were fair, but okay.

Monday morning I got the oil changed in the van at Pepboys. They came out with over $500 worth of things that needed to be done to it. I didn't do any of them. Let's see, here's a lady alone with license plates from far away. We wonder if she's gullible. Even before that I had observed that they were both show-offs. I am watching for someone at a concert that might look at it for me.

On the way from Lakeland to Bradenton Monday I had to stop at Plant City again. I was almost out of strawberries. As a matter of fact, I'm eating the last of them as I write this. Sure glad I got more.

Let's see. Monday evening I saw the Hoppers, the Dove Brothers, the Chuck Wagon Gang and the Diplomats. All of them were good, but of course the Hoppers were the best. It was 11:30 when I got back to the motel so I didn't bother with the internet.

Then this morning I left at a little before 8 to go to the convention center. I had donuts, coffee, and juice at 9 and went to chapel at 10. Then I went to the matinee at 1:30. The Proclaimers were there and they were better than they were Sunday night in Lakeland. Also Aaron Wilburn was there and he is really funny. I saw a lady today wearing a hat and one with a RIBBON in her hair. I've visited with a lot of very nice people.

Yesterday I talked to Dena Ward and she told me that her only living child, Norene has lung cancer. She found out just before Christmas. It doesn't sound too good. She's been having chemo and her daughter who lives in Alaska came for Christmas and is still here. Dena said Norene can get around the house a little with a wheel chair. She's extremely weak. She'd had a lot of pain in her shoulder and chest. Finally she got very painful bloodclots in her legs and they found out from that that she had the cancer. Dena went to the hospital in the middle of the night with chest pain. A friend of hers took her. They thought it was her heart, but it turned out to be a panic attack so she has decided she can't let Norene's cancer get to her to much.

Tonight I saw The Kingsmen, Ivan Parker, The Greenes, and The Dixie Echoes. The Greenes were the best. Taranda sang in December for the United Nations and had a lot of diplomats in tears. She sang O Holy Night there and tonight and it was exceptionally good. I don't think she could stand still if her life depended on it! Tony look very good. She gave him one of her kidneys in August. They said it was a near a perfect match as if they had been identical twins. For those of you who don't know, they are husband and wife.

Their daughters sang tonight too. They are 4 years and 19 months old and they sang "I am a Possibility." It was pretty cute. It's almost 12:30, so I'm going to quit for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment