Monday, February 22, 2010

It must be time to blog again. Sunday I saw 2 Polk County Deputies pushing a stalled car while the driver steered it. I don't recall ever seeing that before. Of course it was on a 7 or 8 lane road.

Today I saw a car here in Polk County, Florida with plates on it from Polk County, Iowa. That is the second car I've seen with Iowa plates since the girls left Florida except for Phyllis'.

I'm still working on a place to stay that is less money than where I am now. However, everyplace else seems to be just as high or higher. I'm just as well off here where I don't have to clean or wash linens. One person suggested I find someone to come with me next year since most of the places are at least 2 bedroom and two bathrooms.

Since I started this entry I have talked to a man about renting a trailer that would be quite a bit less than this, but I'd have to get some sort of a wireless provider. I'll have to do some checking on that. I told him I'd check around and call him back tomorrow sometime. It's sort of an upscale place and he said I could have it from now until the end of March for the price of one month.

Mark Trammel spoke last night as well as his quartet singing. He is a really good speaker as well as singer. Saturday night it was Triumphant and they are always good too.

Well I better quit so I can watch some more olympics. Have a fun day and enjoy things in Iceland.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't ever post the answer to the jeopardy question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your "living" venture. Hope it works out for you. But you have a point in the linens, etc. It's just you have "eat out" every meal unless you have motel with contl breakfast.

    ReplyDelete