Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Okay for the answer to the Jeopardy question. The non-human one of the 50 best actors of the American Film Institute is, of course, the one I thought immediately when I saw it. It's Lassie!

The couple at church who's house was in danger of sinking were elated on Sunday. The county has decided to pour cement into some of the sink holes to stop their spread so they think their house will survive.

Today I went to a different Golden Corral. It had a special of $4.99 including drink for seniors from 1:30 until 3:30. I was talking to a couple behind me in line and found out they are from Cedar Rapids. They invited me look at their apartment, so I did. It is MUCH cheaper than what I am paying. I know another lady who lives there in a dormitory. I'm going to call the office tomorrow and get some more information and see about putting my name on the list for next year. If they have any available for March of this year I'll check into that too. I really don't like paying so much for this. I'd have to bring more stuff next year, but for the difference in price I could do that.

They introduced me to several people, including a couple who knows the Kimes that lived near Ryan and Melinda in Oskaloosa. His name is Cornie Bender and at first I though he said Cornie Boender. It is 7 miles farther to church from there than from here. But the price diffence is huge!

Have a nice day and enjoy the 7 days you are supposed to have without snow.

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting news Linda. I sure hope it works out for you. It takes time to make connections but you are getting out and eventually, you will find something better for less. Will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete