Friday, February 26, 2010

There is no way that I can possibly live long enough to like one of the southern customs I have encountered here. I can possibly get used to all of the honey, sweetie, etc. from wait staff in restaurants. But today just about did it when a waiter (male, of course) called me "darlin!"

Now the one I will never like is one that happens often at church. One elderly lady thinks it's her job to manage to kiss my forehead every time she sees me. She reminds me of Josie Kessler in every way except this habit of hers. I almost want to run every time I see her. I though I was home free Wednesday night when she was sitting in the row behind me. Wrong!

Today I went to a different lake and it is really nice. I had seen it before but couldn't find a place to park. Today I discovered parking is allowed on the street. At one point I counted 47 swans, two of which were black. The lake is too big for me to see all of them at once. Later I saw two that were gray. There are also geese, ducks, and three other kinds of birds that I'm not familiar with. Some of the swans from time to time would fluff up their wings and were really pretty. Sometimes one of them would show either some feathers that were black tipped or else they had their feet up while they were floating about. Google says their feathers are all white, so it was probably their feet.

There was also a duck that appeared to be setting. I also saw a black duck with a little white on its head. It was limping. The other 3 types of birds I'm unfamiliar with, but there are certainly a lot of them.

Now you have today's report on wildlife and frustration. I did put my name on the list for next year at the Florida Holiness Campground and I am number 35 on the list. It would be nice to be there I think because it is sort of like Shady Lodge except you are supposed to be a Christian to live there. There are some people there this year who were number 35 on the list last year. Of course you must realize that about the only way people give up their spot is by illness or death!

Have a nice day. Spring is coming!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you. The Lesters were at Breakfast Club this morning and were very good. Emma Grace's little sister, Ava, sang also. She's 3 and Emma Grace is 6 and is in kindergarten. They home school her part of the time and bus school her the rest of the time.

    Next week the Blackwood Brothers with Jimmmie and Billy Blackwood will be here. Tomorrow night it will be the Dove Brothers and Sunday night Spoken 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have hope for a place for next year. Actually #35 isn't that far down the line. Where is the campground located? Is it something like former Naz campground in DM with dormitories and/or rooms in house(s) with a cafeteria or can you cook your own meals? I will keep praying. You are enjoying this so much. You need to invest in a bird book!

    ReplyDelete