Monday, January 10, 2011

Well, this morning I saw something I don't think I've ever seen before. I was at IHOP and two girls got up and left and didn't pay. They walked until they got out of view of the door and then ran across the parking lot. The waitress yelled at the manager and he took off after them while he was calling the police on his cell phone. A customer also took off after them and the girls ran into a neighboring motel. Well, pretty soon a police officer arrived followed by a second one. As I was leaving (I did pay for mine!) the girls were coming back in with the two officers watching them. All I heard was one of them saying, "I guess we didn't understand..." You would think they would have known they had to pay. I'm guessing it was an expensive breakfast!

It was 72 degrees here today and it really felt good! I was outside several times getting things from the van and refreshing towels at the office and doing laundry.

The mechanic is trying to figure out why my van is surging. He was going to talk to some other people about it and call me back. He's sure it won't just completely stop though, so that's good.

Have a fun day in the snow. It sounds like you might get a lot of it.

2 comments:

  1. It was 15 degrees here and windy last night. However, it is in the 50's now and the sun is shining. This will change at dusk. Enjoy the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we did get quite a bit of snow but it seems not so bad considering last year. Still glad you are enjoying yourself. Does your motel room have fridge and microwave? If so, at least you could do something "in house" for a change from eating out. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete