Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Well, I've been hearing about huge sales at JC Penny's, so I decided to see if there was one here. On line it said it was in the Lakeland Square Mall. People had talked last year about the mall on 98, but I assumed it was what I would call a strip mall on the east side of 98. Since I stay a block off 98, it's very familiar to me. So I asked for a map to it online. It was on the west side of 98! So I went there and it is about 4 or5 blocks from me. Sort of a small mall - the anchors are Burlington Coat Factory, JC Penny, Sears, Dillards's and Macy's! So I went to Penny's. I looked at cardigans, and they were all about hip length or shorter in the back and knee length or longer in the front! Needless to say, I didn't buy those. Then there were long-sleeved tops with scoop necks. Now if you want long sleeves to keep you warm, why in the world would you want a scoop nece?! Not only that, but they were way more scooped than I would consider wearing. I did find one top that would have been alright except for the HUGE print that it was. It would have made me look like I were the size of this room!

About the faucet - Lee said it might have gotten just a little ice in it and it was weak before that. He's going to fix it at his convenience.

I was flipping through channels and ran on to Little House on the Prairie, and I think it must be one of the first ones. It is Laura's and Mary's very first day of school ever! Guess what? Laura and Nellie Olson got into a fight!

I don't know how much you have heard about this. Monday morning two St. Petersburg police officers were murdered as they were assisting a Federal agent serve a warrant. This was on the day of funerals for two Miami officers who were killed in a similar situation. I go to Breakfast Club on Fridays, and the man who organizes that goes to the same church as one of the officers. Their funerals will be there Friday. One of the officers was off duty and just wanted to go help out! Quite a sad time in the area. I'm about 30 or 40 miles east of there.

Have a nice day. It's about 65 or 70 here today and we got 2.23 inches of rain yesterday evening and last night. It's been very dry here, so it was quite welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment