Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20,2011

Last night at church I found out about the people I had been wondering about. The one lady that I referred to as "Josie Kessler" has kidney infection and yesterday started on a different medicine to try to get rid of it. The elderly man with a lot of medical problems was there last night and he hasn't been well enough to come for a while. The third person I had wondered about not being in choir has a brand new baby!

I haven't talked to the lady in charge of the campground apartment I applied for since I've been down here. It really wouldn't be a lot cheaper than here, but it would have activities for me to do. I'll just have to see about contacting her about it again.

Tonight's supper was a bag of 100 calorie popcorn, ants on a log (fruit, vegetable, and protein), and (of course) strawberries.

When I was at the lake today a man said there were baby swans, so I went to try to see them. The parents were black swans and I never did see the babies. They must have been under the mother and the daddy was guarding and I really don't relish the thought of one of them biting me! The people who work for the parks department of Lakeland take the babies when they are very small and raise them and sell them to other parks, etc. The black ones are a lot smaller than the white ones like they have at Forest Cemetery.

Have a good day/evening. Oh, by the way, it is now almost 10 pm here, so we'll see what time it shows when I post it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the ants image. I remember a picnic somewhere on our Alaska trip where one lady got back into the van because the squirrels were entertaining Phyllis & I. Of course, I won't mention "who" got back in the van! This brought a new chuckle as I remembered that. Sounds like you are still having fun! I'm so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard says it is in the 60s today, so hopefully you have not had to get your coat out. Enjoy the strawberries, cause I remember how good they were last February. Enjoy every minute while you are there. What was wrong with the van????

    ReplyDelete
  3. A while back the boys just had chips and salsa for dinner. I was concerned that it wasn't a very nutritious meal and then I remembered that we always had popcorn for supper on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete