Monday, January 25, 2010

Since I've been asked about this, I guess I'll address the subject. (Of course it's one of my favorite subjects anyway!) I usually have an orange for breakfast and strawberries for supper. Or sometimes I have leftovers. Breakfast can be any time from 7 until 11 or so and supper can be anytime after 7 or 8.

Sometime in between I buy a meal. Sometimes it's a sit-down meal and sometimes it's fast food in the van while I'm at a concert early to get a good parking space. After I eat in the van is when I usually do my "through the Bible" reading. One or two mornings a week I go to the Breakfast Club where I get donuts, OJ, coffee and a good concert.

Now the reason I thought about this subject is that today I went to Golden Corral for dinner. I've been there 3 times at various times and it's always very busy. As in a lot of snow bird areas, they seem to cater to seniors. For instance if you go on Monday through Friday between 1 and 3 and are a senior, you can eat for $6.79 plus tax including your choice of drink. That's about $3 less than in the evening without drinks.

As I look at all the seniors there, I'm reminded of Mom. She and her friends in Arizona often went to a place called Furr's that also catered to seniors and was a buffet. They really liked it. What I like best at Golden Corral is their very fall-apart roast beef and their cauliflour that is cooked until it is done. Both are very good. They also have very good lettuce toppings and other good things. Did I mention their jelly beans and chocolate cake and free coffee to go with dessert? I've also noticed chocolate covered bananas but haven't tried them.

Now you know about my eating habits. Oh yes, my fast food meals are about $2 each, so you can see I'm not spending much for food.

Have a nice day and try to stay warm and don't fall down!

1 comment: