Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I just returned from a little excursion. First I went to a place that was recommended for reading and watching water. It wasn't Red Rock or Manatee Beach, but it'll do for this week. I was parked right next to the place to launch boats and I've never seen that done before and it was quite interesting. The interesting thing was that a man came alone to launch his boat and I couldn't figure out how he was going to do it. He ended up by jumping into the boat to stay out of the water. There was another person that I never did figure out the gender of, but he/she was more than a bit overweight. He/she proceeded to get a red coaster wagon out of the pickup and load it with stuff. "Stuff" included a metal folding chair, a cooler, and I couldn't see what else. Then he/she pulled the wagon out on the dock and proceeded to fish.

I just saw footage of another sink hole and I'd hate to drive into it! It's 12 feet in diameter and 8 feet deep and in the traveled portion of a highway. It looks like if you drove into in at highway speed you wouldn't get hurt. You'd just be dead!

After that I went to Target to look for a blazer or cardigan sweater. They had about 4 racks of large sized ladies clothes. There was a sweater that would have worked color-wise. The tag said extra large and it appeared to possibly fit Melinda. I thought maybe it was extremely stretchy. Wrong! They probably had a dozen of them with size extra large tags in them in various colors and they were all the same size. Why do they even bother to put a tag in them!? There is a blazer at Catherine's that would work, but extravagant Linda doesn't want to spend $19. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like it.

From there I decided to have my one-a-day meal. I thought of various places, and finally decided on Golden Corral again. It is the cheapest and most nutritious if you use your brain, and I did. Well, it's the cheapest if you don't have a burger and fries and most of you know burgers do a long ways with me.

I've probably meandered long enough. Tonight I get to meet the mother of a lady I know from Jodi's church and I'm a little excited about that. Last night Jim Diehl told a very nice story about George Comstock. He also told about one of his staff in Oskaloosa leaving a bunch of bills and he and some others paid them after he left.

Have a nice day/night!

1 comment: