Friday, January 15, 2010

Okay, so I hit a button with the mouse long before I was finished. Let me finish. This clod appeared to be in his 50's or 60's. Now I'm aware that sometimes very successful people are quite unusual, but this was a little much! He finally went to do something else (thankfully) and the couple next to me and I discussed whether anything he had said was true. He even described how he prayed for his mamma's house during the worst hurricane they ever had and it went around the south side of, the east side of it, the north side of it, and the west side of it and didn't touch it. Now I can believe that God would do that, but then the story goes on. He stood in his mamma's yard and looked up at the eye of the hurricane. At last it was time for the concert to start and I thought, "whew." Wrong! He still didn't shut up even when the concert started. Now that the concert had started he began to also move perpetually. His arms and legs were flying around and his head was nodding or shaking to go along with whatever was in the music. He would make the man we bought gluten from look like he never moved! After 3 or 4 songs he must have worn down a little bit and was stiller and quieter. I noticed the singers looked at him a few times too. I always see unusual things at the Brumley Fest, but this one is the first I've seen here in Florida and it was a little more than I had seen before.

The concert was very good and they do have a new guy singing with them who replaces the one who is now with Ernie Haase. This new guy is a 12th grade English teacher and a very good musician. He has won numerous solo contests but had never been on a bus before. He also plays piano. He is very quiet and the others are loud so it is quite different on the bus for them. This is his second weekend with them. Karen assured us they have "never had no English teacher on their bus before." He said he'd been trying for two weeks but hadn't been able to teach them anything yet.

Phyllis you are going to have a ball in Florida. The only way to get from point A to point B is by doing a u-turn! You'll love it!

Sunday I'm going from here to Lakeland and I'm going to have to talk to a local to find out how to get there. Two of the highways I need to go on are closed because of sink holes. Hopefully Lynne (or her husband) can fill me in.

I bought some strawberries today. Tonight that clod was telling that the problem with the strawberries is that the buds for new strawberries may have frozen and there won't be any strawberries next year. It they are like the ones I'm familiar with, buds growing now would be strawberries long before next year.

Well, I think I've rambled long enough for tonight. Believe me, if I see the clod at a concert again I will be sure to look for a seat far away from where he is.

Have a nice day/night.

5 comments:

  1. Be sure to read the post before this one before you read this one since my curser jumped again and the first one posted when it was only partly done. This is the second half of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story! I can just imagine being there. So, the clod "began to also move perpetually. His arms and legs were flying around" I wonder if he was actually a clod-hopper! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never know who the Lord will put in our path, or why, but they all prove to be interesting. Sounds like you are having a great time. Did you ever send the list of concerts in February to one of us three? Yes, I am very practiced with u-turns and my vehicle does them very well, so Florida should be a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. see im not technologically challenged

    ReplyDelete