Friday, January 15, 2010

Okay I went to see Karen Peck and New River tonight and they were very good. But first, oh my! I was sitting in the parking lot having supper and doing some great people watching. There went a man (or a clod) walking in to the concert. He was wearing baggy jeans and his shirt tail was about 3/4 out. Perhaps he had combed his hair in the last month or so. Reminded me of a certain high school classmate of mine who had a farm just over the fence south of where we farmed. Need I say more? As is my custom, I went clear to the front and got a nice seat on the second row. If it's only one person, you can almost always get a good seat in front. At least I thought it was a good seat. I sat beside a very nice couple from Ohio and was just beginning to have a nice conversation with them when this clod in front of us started to talk to us. It was that same guy I had seen in the parking lot and there was no way he could shut up! He could probably talk at least ten times as much as I can! He seemed to know everything there was to know. He told us he had the largest orange grove in Florida - 10,000 acres!

No comments:

Post a Comment