Saturday, January 7, 2012

Last night I went to a concert. Keep in mind that Bill Bailey has several hundred booster club members, pastors a congregion of several hundred and promotes concerts all over the southeast. I walked in the door and he looked at me and said, "Miz Huff go over there and tell her to get your packet out of my briefcase for you." Last year he needed me to help him with my name at the luncheon and as soon as I said it he said, "Iowa." I got my packet and went on in to find my reserved seat on the front row two seats from the center. That was close enough to have a lot of eye contact. On the venue were TonyGore, whom I had never seen in person before, The Perry's, and Gold City. I was also close enough to notice that one of the men had evidently hung his pants on a wire hanger twice. He should probably use a plastic hanger or hang them by the cuffs! Tracey Stuffle looks great and says he never deviates from his prescribed diet.

Tonight I went to supper at church and then the Legacy Five Concert. They were unloading when I got there, and I had to notice that none of them were wearing jeans or t-shirts. Scott Howard was in great shape and had the audience in stitches.

Before the concert we had a real treat. Two years ago one of the usher's great-grandsons recited the entire book of James. This year he recited the entire book of Ephesians. The lady beside me followed along in the bible and she said he missed one entire verse, but the rest was perfect! He's probably 13 or so now. What a gift! Two years ago, he merely recited it, but this time he used a lot of hand gestures. It was almost like he was Paul talking to us.

Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment