Sunday, March 7, 2010

When I saw the Blackwoods on Friday, I was there while they were setting up. All the guys were in jeans and T-shirts except Jimmy. The bass singer's jeans even were minus the knees. Jimmy was wearing dress pants and a polo shirt. They weren't new, but they weren't jeans and a T-shirt. I had to wonder if that was a little bit of "Dad" showing through.

Last night just after I arrived at my parking spot in came the Blackwood bus. I have noticed that the groups' busses don't have their names on them any more. Well, the Blackwood Brothers have their name on theirs. When the bus pulled in, the bass singer was behind the wheel and Jimmie got out to see where to park to unload. You guessed it. He was once again wearing older dress pants and a polo. Pretty soon I saw him shaking a black paint can. He got out their mike stands and proceeded to paint them. I was expecting Billy's boy to go grab one, but he didn't bother either of them. After they dried a little Jimmy took them in.

About half an hour before the concert. Billy came in with Willie riding piggy back and put him on the front pew and left. About 10 minutes before the concert he came in again and squatted down and talked to him and it must have been a fun talk because they were both really smiling. I never saw anyone say anything to him nor did he move or say a word during the entire concert. I had to wonder if Billy remembered doing that with his dad.

There was a large crowd at the concert and shortly before the concert started they put chairs at the ends of most of the pews. I noticed a lady sit down at the end of the pew where I was, but didn't pay any attention to her. There was one lady sitting between me and the end of the pew. Shortly the pastor's wife and the lady on the chair got up and hugged each other and I looked at her and thought that she looked a lot like Ann Downing, only not really dressed up. Well, it was her and she is shirt-tail relation to pastor's wife. She wouldn't go up on the stage to be introduced because she wasn't wearing "platform clothes."

The lady sitting next to me was introduced to me, not by name, but by age. She was 93 and barely appeared to be 83. Her hearing is poor and she doesn't drive anymore. She is from Maine and had been a department store detective!

Well, it's time to get ready for church, so I'd better end this. Have a nice day and keep the warm-up going!

No comments:

Post a Comment