Monday, December 21, 2009

Tonight I am at a Super8 just west of Baton Rouge. I will never go on the strip of I- 10 just west of here. It was 30 some miles of bridge! I don't like water. It was 55 mph for trucks and 70 for the rest of us. The trucks had to stay in the right lane. First it was a swamp and then a lake and then a bay, then more swamp. It was one continuous bridge. Yes, next time I will look at the map better. But even the map didn't tell me what it would be like! When we went over the lake, it was an extremely high bridge and the railing looked like it was about 6 inches high, but I'm sure it was a couple feet high.

Prior to the bridge I was really enjoying Louisiana. It is very clean and pretty. I - 49 ranges from very good to fairly poor. There are a lot of evergreen trees and the ones that aren't evergreens have lost their leaves for the season. I think I saw a couple semis of sugar cane. At least it looked like dirty cornstalks chopped up. It sort of makes you think you shouldn't eat sugar.

I had the oil changed in a small town that was very pleasant. After I paid, along with my receipt, I got a paper sort of like a tract! The two men changing the oil were quite pleasant (though large). The lady doing the office work wasn't as nice. I also got a free car wash and I was really needing it.

I went farther today than I had planned, so I'm not sure where I'll stay tomorrow night.

Happy 2nd birthday Lea!

Girls, travel safely and I'll see you Wednesday or Thursday, probably Wednesday.

Have a nice day every one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you're traveling well. I hope we do the same when we head out. Judah has had a fever for a couple days. I will take him to the doctor tomorrow if he's not better. He hasn't eaten much but has gotten a good amount of fluids today. He's been Mr. Cranky-Pants today. That's not helpful when I'm trying to clean & pack!

    ReplyDelete