Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sorry, the blog wasn't cooperating last night. Last night it wouldn't take my password, and tonight it is fine. Go figure! I'm in Terrell, Texas tonight. That's just east of Dallas. Tomorrow night I'll probably be in Lafayett, Louisianna. This afternoon I ran my AC for two and a half hours. This morning I went to SS with the Finleys and met a lot of their friends. I had to stop in Abilene for a snack at Cracker Barrell! Yesterday I ceremonially hung my winter coat on it's hanger and will be leaving it there for a couple or three months. I sure hate that too.

Friday I saw stacks of cotton in fields. They have stackers to stack them in similar to what they use in Nebraska for hay. Then they put plastic bonnets on them and later haul them like they haul the stacks in Nebraska. Each of these stacks would be a semi load.

I've seen very few cattle on this trip. Today there were a few cows and Friday one feedlot. It seems like there are a lot of dead animals on the roadsides in Texas. So far on this trip I have seen 5 dead skumks also, not all in Texas. Oh yes, I've seen a lot of oil wells also.

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. I can't wait to be somewhere warm. A big storm is coming to Iowa for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete